The last legitimate post was on the day I fell and twisted my ankle and a lot of time has passed since then. Unfortunately, that wasn't the last time I botched my footing. I spent most of late summer and into early autumn in an air cast...which might be a better invention than sliced bread. Seems like it was September when I read a posting on Craig's List for a school that was relocating and selling off all their extra stuff. Since we home school I felt like it was important to go. My visiting teacher and amazing friend stayed with the kids while I went to this school. I wish there were words to tell you all they had. First of all, the school was HUGE. Secondly, EVERYTHING was for sale. Books and bookshelves, balls and hoops, baseball bases (yes, I bought them), tables, chairs, craft supplies, cafeteria tables. It was overwhelming, in a really good way. I found a table and chairs, loads of books, just tons of stuff and I came home to move our school into the library and officially keep it "school space." The dining room table worked fine, but it seemed like we were always moving stuff around to keep it organized. Holding school in the library would mean less physical work and, hopefully, a better learning environment. I had used the Beutler's trailer, which thankfully resides in our back yard, and upon unloading all the stuff into the garage, I put the trailer back in its place. And then I fell out of the Suburban.
Yes, fell.
I fell right on that already weak ankle and I hurt it "real good" this time.
I was alone. It was dark. The ground was wet. Scott was inside working with the television on. I had little hope. But it was still summer in Michigan, which meant that the girls' bedroom window was open so I began to yell for help. Then I used names. Katie heard me and Alex went down to get Scott. She says he waited a minute before getting up to see what I needed. Nice. I could not move and he waits to come save me. He got me back into the truck and drove me around to the front of the house where we mulled the ER possibility. I was 8 months pregnant with Andrew the last time I went to the ER. You know how everything is worse when you're pregnant? I'll never forget it and that pretty much keeps me from going back. No blood, no ER.
I sat around for a day or so and then broke down and went to the doctor. No breaks, just lots of pain. Did the same thing to my other ankle on my mission. There is nothing worse than a sprain. Pulled ligaments never heal and it will give me problems until the resurrection.
1 comment:
you do realize you are just Mom, right? It's that whole suburban thing. How many times did she fall out of it? And yeah you for the moving school. We would like to borrow said baseball bases. Love that you are updating again!
Post a Comment