Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Spring Thaw in the Thumb

Lots of things happen in the spring.
Most importantly, the snow melts, the world warms and I get happy. I didn't feel like winter lasted forever, but I wasn't sad to see him go. And yes, I dread his return.
Other things happen in the spring. The kids get out of the house. They felt like winter lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r! When they got out we realized we needed a little something for them to do besides wander in the woods, so we got on our favorite "find it" site - Craigslist - and bought them a swing set! We got a sweet deal (from a wonderful family) and the children love it which makes it worth all the money in the world.
What would a new swing set be without a bloody two-year-old? The big boy slipped and lost his footing about three days into his spring thaw. Daddy was mowing the lawn and had no idea anything had happened. I was upstairs doing laundry and, luckily, keeping one eye out the window. A mom can see blood miles away.

In all the excitement I forgot to take pictures. Oh who are we kidding? It NEVER occurs to me to take pictures. My kids are going to grow up thinking..."Mom, was I ever a child? Why are there no pictures of me? Other people have pictures..."What a face. I love that face. He decided a couple of months ago that he didn't need kisses from his mama anymore, so every night we have a wrestling match where he hides his face and I kiss him over and over again. He loves his mama. And I love him.


1 comment:

Landlocked Shores said...

Ha! I knew winter was a man... oh yea, Old Man Winter I guess is his formal name. I like when he leaves too... what little we see of him here in Tejas.
Looks like A is well on to recovery and growing up so darn fast!

PS. I have pictures of the kids and they will know they were kids :)