Mexican food is a staple in our family. We don't go long between salsa laden meals and I notice that when the kids are complaining the most about the food in front of them, it's been too long since I've rolled a burrito. (Although weird side note: tonight I made enchiladas and the twins barely touched them. Twins are weird.) A few years back we were living in Kentucky and my parents came to visit for my birthday. We found a wanna-be-hole-in-the-wall in which to celebrate. I remember it being a great night. I remember most of all, and none of us will forget, that our 20-month-old Alex ate an entire combination plate that night
all by herself. And dare you think she was going to share. She is still the best dinner companion. She'll try everything and there are only a couple of things she will not eat. Tonight she was telling me that she doesn't like squash and "I don't like raisins because they are not food." She's learned so well! Raisins are grapes who have had the lives sucked out of them is what we've taught her. I refer you to the 1993 movie Benny &
Joon: "they had their lives stolen. well, they taste sweet, but really their just humiliated grapes."
I digress. Alex is a fantastic dinner companion, unless
Jac is available for a little
pico de gallo. This girl is the meat and beans queen! She will honestly go days without eating dinner. As a baby she loved fruit and vegetables; couldn't get enough pumpkin and grapes. These days she'll eat yogurt and carbohydrates, but she's even picky about her
carbs. Bagels are my last resort when I'm worried that the pediatricians are going to turn me in to family services. Well, every few days we break out the rolling pin and do a little tortilla action just to keep this girl happy. Long live the pinto bean and long live
Jac!




A combination plate is no problem for this little chica and she's not yet 18-months-old.
2 comments:
What a beautiful little mess she is!
Loves
Aunt Nicki
I was there at that dinner...totally remember!
Post a Comment