This morning we had oatmeal with all the toppings. Such a warm, fuzzy morning and Jac loves it. She dumped so much of it on her chair that I finally gave in and hauled it outside with the scrubber sponge and a cannister of cleanser. Cushion headed for the laundry, liner in the kitchen sink, this thing was coming clean today. I took one step off the bottom deck stairs and my favorite blue Crocks hit the wet grass on the hill and my ankle gave way. It was a loud pop. Not the thing you want to hear on a dewey morning out in the yard. I lay there crying in the grass for about 10 minutes until Andrew came out and said, "Why are you making that noise on the ground?" Good question.
I climbed up the stairs and back inside. The girls rallied. Alex got the ice bag and filled it up for me. Katie got the phones. Caroline helped with the little ones. They were terrific! What a team. Two hours later the pain took a dramatic drop from a 7 to a 4 - and I'm the one who takes no drugs after a c-section. this hurt so badly. Alex got the ice so quickly that it didn't swell until later too.
I'm supposed to drive a large contingent of investigator/missionaries/members to the mission fireside tonight in Livonia - 2 hours away. Time to get on the phone and rearrange that party. My first call was to my awesome friend/wife of my awesome chiropractor who insisted on x-rays. She came to get me and brought her daugther to stay with the children. Nothing broken, just a couple of lines in the film that could be a problem if I don't stay off of it...so he brings in the crutches. Oh joy. I am so happy.
I'm still working on the fireside problem, but I'm home with crutches and Scott will do his best to work from home for part of tomorrow. But since I change diapers on the floor, there's really nothing important I can't do! Such a great plan was in place this morning - wash the chair, do the dishes, clean the kitchen, upstairs for a day of laundry and ironing. Now we're all going to church looking like ragamuffins. Or ragamuffins on crutches.
3 comments:
Oh I'm so sorry. I wish we lived closer so me and Charley could come to the rescue.
OUCH!! I'll echo my sis' comment and wish we lived closer too. We'd love to have ya'll come play for a day or two.
"Ragamuffins on crutches" reminded me of Oliver Twist for some reason - "Please sir. May I have s'more??"
Puh-lease!!! I don't wish I lived closer...I wish YOU lived closer!!! It's friggin COLD up there!!! I'm sorry you got hurt. Seriously, nothing worse than being "alone" with littles....although it makes us tough!! I'll send you new crocs...cuz that's most important..and they are on sale. Ok, really, I'm sorry. I hope you feel better. Tape your crutches in pink towels!!!
Post a Comment