Today I was creating a new playlist of music for this site and something along the way made me remember this song from my childhood - The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA by Donna Fargo. That song played on KCCC 930AM sometime early in my life and it has stuck with me my whole life until it actually IS my life. Somewhere between that song and my Beehive year of young women when I made that list on the index card of my future spouse's characteristics I became a woman on a mission. All I wanted was a home filled with children and the perfect man who came home at 6 o'clock sharp. I wanted to be Donna Reed on steroids. I wanted to be the happiest girl in the whole USA. Ladies and Gentlemen, with gratitude to my Father in Heaven who makes all things possible, I am the happiest girl in the whole USA. I am so blessed!
I woke up this morning next to the greatest man on earth and shortly thereafter was met by five incredible children, all of whom continue to teach me every day how to be a better person. He has a good job, we are all healthy, we have a good home, the kids have covered the house in play dough and even if those things were not the case, we would still be bound by our temple covenants.
So, as I tell my Mia Maids and Laurels, set your standards high and never loose focus. Never give up. NEVER, NEVER give up. The Lord can do great things with us and for us if we will continue faithfully in our goals. I love goals. I love my life, my husband and my children. I am the happiest girl in the whole USA.
No comments:
Post a Comment