Monday, August 10, 2009

Conversation Overheard Last Week

Andrew got three sets of Matchbox cars and their street scenes from Grandma & Papa for his birthday. They city has been set up on the living room table since then and the kids love playing with it. I was sitting on the couch when Andrew began playing; Alex came up to the scene shortly after he began and this is what happened...

Alex: where are the other cars?
He ignores her.
Alex: Andrew, where are the other cars?
He ignores her.
Alex, vehemently: Andrew, where are the other cars?
Andrew: I don't care.
Alex, growing louder: where are the other cars?
Andrew: I don't care.

Then Andrew drove the yellow sports car he'd been playing with over to Alex and repeated himself: I don't care.

Alex ignores his offer and said again: where are the other cars?

Andrew: I don't care. Girls care. Boys don't care.

At three years and 4 days old he is already wiser than us all.
And Alex is still not listening.
No red flag there.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hahaha!!! I love it. Tell him to come over and play. T needs a boy in his life!

Lawana said...

Hey, I just tried to email you with that address you sent me but it got sent back to me. here's mine: lawana475@gmail.com. I'd love to see you ideas on food storage. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Loves--
Shannon