Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jam 2010

I could hardly believe it when June arrived. You realize what June is don't you? Strawberry season! I called Bigelow's and ordered 2 flats. Picked them up last Tuesday and made our jam. These strawberries are ginormous! I put one here on the watermelon to give you some perspective. I ate that one and juice burst out everywhere. Never had that happen before with a strawberry. They had wonderful flavor too.
These 2 are my "hullers." Good workin' girls! Alex saved me literally hours of labor and I was so thankful. She's awesome. Jac is great at pulling off the stems and passing them on to Alex for hulling. Wonderful girls.

I made about 16 pints of jam and the last few were a triple berry. A friend told me about triple berry jam last year and I thought, "Hmmm. Wonder if that's any good?" OH MY GOSH! Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry and honey made our triple berry jam and I think I shall never go without it again. It is amazing. Alex and I were just talking about getting another flat...we love the strawberries!

No comments: