Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Andrew Speak

As the children grow up I so enjoy their stages of language. It's fun to hear them begin to form sentences and then start to use grown up words. When Alex misuses a verb tense I get all happy; she is learning so much. I miss all their early conversations like this one this morning with Andrew...

background note: the four big kids slept in sleeping bags in the basement last night.

Mom said, "Where are the girls, Andrew?"
"They're gone," Andrew replied.
"They're not gone. Are they still downstairs?"
"Yes," Andrew said. "They're under your rolling ball table."

I have always wondered what the "pool" reference meant in pool table. Now I know it doesn't matter anyway. It's a rolling ball table and that makes so much more sense. I love three year old boys named Andrew who live in my house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

now that's cute! he is so smart!