Thursday, July 9, 2009

Here we go 'round the mullberry bush...

My visiting teachee and I were talking on the phone today and she said, "I thought you were coming over here to get the mulberries off my tree?" Barb is about 70 years old and a real sweetheart, but I wouldn't cross her - so we got in the car this afternoon and went to pick mulberries. Which grow on a big tree, not a bush, in Barb's back yard. She took us out there and we shook the branches and caught the berries in our big bowl. After my week of fruit last week I'm not eager to spend another week on my feet right now. A bowl of mulberries is plenty.

The branches bowed down close to the ground on this gorgeous tree so the kids had a great time picking. Funny though, not so many of their berries made it to my bowl. Katie's mouth was completely purple!


Jac is another story. She refuses to wear shoes - unless she picks them out and they are too big. I just tossed her in the car with no shoes and figured she'd be so happy to run around the yard in her bare feet. When we arrived Barb said that her husband had mowed the lawn and the ground under the tree was...purple. When we left Barb's house, all of Jac was purple.

Andrew had a great time. He loves people. He talks to everyone and it's fun to watch him operate. He is so loud so it's good when he's outside and happy.
These are Alex' socks. Hysterical. She was wearing them with sandals. All of our shoes are ruined and I figured after my "leg hug" from Jac that I'd lost my favorite shorts, but the laundry might come clean. I'm not betting any money on these socks though.

No comments: