Here we are, a month after the fact and I'm going to post it anyway. We love Father's Day because we get to keep secrets. So fun! And we get to keep secrets from Daddy, who is largely outnumbered by girls anyway so we might as well take advantage of it. 

I tell the girls most secrets about one week before the event. They can handle that much excitement, but at the moment of reveal, they complete cave and start screaming, "It's a cover for the barbeque with your baseball team on it... AHHHH!" I think it's charming that they loose it right before he gets the tape off the package. Scott is not overly dramatic (and yet, he has his moments) but I think he feels a special pressure when he is the center of attention. Hard to get him to crack a smile. He hates it when we buy him things, but who cares right? He does love the barrage of Father's Day cards from each of the children. I love these photos because they so represent the reality of our family. It's Sunday about 20 minutes after the return from church. Scott's shirt is untucked and the tie is off. The kids are already back in their pajamas. Comfort. It's all about comfort. 




I tell the girls most secrets about one week before the event. They can handle that much excitement, but at the moment of reveal, they complete cave and start screaming, "It's a cover for the barbeque with your baseball team on it... AHHHH!" I think it's charming that they loose it right before he gets the tape off the package. Scott is not overly dramatic (and yet, he has his moments) but I think he feels a special pressure when he is the center of attention. Hard to get him to crack a smile. He hates it when we buy him things, but who cares right? He does love the barrage of Father's Day cards from each of the children. I love these photos because they so represent the reality of our family. It's Sunday about 20 minutes after the return from church. Scott's shirt is untucked and the tie is off. The kids are already back in their pajamas. Comfort. It's all about comfort. 


Back to Scott hating gifts...we got him that really cool Diamondbacks BBQ cover (because he let me do Andrew's bed in St. Louis Cardinal sheets) (OK, "let" is really overstating... he didn't divorce me when I did it, so I got him the D-backs cover). We also got him a new pair of Levi's shorts for this wretchedly hot Michigan summer. Ha ha ha ha. That was funny. AND 2 gorgeous new white shirts with his monogram on the cuff. He won't buy new clothes so we do it for him. Hey, teach a man to fish, blah, blah, blah. Give the man a fish and the mango salsa to go with it, you've opened him to a whole new world. Here's to monograms and mango salsa.
No comments:
Post a Comment