Monday, August 16, 2010

Berry Pickin'

We live only a few miles from the world's greatest blueberry farm. Scott and I want to buy it. It's wonderfully huge and covered in...blueberries! I'm not even sure Scott likes blueberries; they are, after all, a fruit. But when we are there he starts thinking of farms we can buy and produce stands we can build where our kids can work to save money for college and missions. All great dreams. Mean while...


The kids and I spent a cool, cloudy Monday morning at the farm picking blueberries and playing in their park. I asked that we fill a bucket before we played and I tried to fill one myself to keep up. I did slightly better than expected and we left with 2 full buckets.

Andrew gave me a full 45 minutes of picking before he finally couldn't take it any more - he had to get to the park and play!

Good for berries, better for a seat, best for a hat. (Fancy Nancy would love that.)

Picking... and play!We're getting a little big for these toys.Queen of her castle.

No comments: