Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All Time Low

We just returned from our little country grocery store, a place we visit at least weekly. I'm unloading the milk, bananas, apples, tomatoes, onions and yogurt onto the belt when the cashier says, "Is any of this WIC, hon?"

Well no, it's not WIC.

And if you need to ask me that question, I need several things...
1. a month at a spa in Scottsdale, Arizona replete with cucumbers on my eyes, mud on my shoulders and someone massaging my feet.
2. shoes. I was wearing pink Crocks. obviously a sure sign of a woman on welfare.
3. a  maid. to go to the store for me and be humiliated herself. (or flirt with Sam the butcher and have a grand old time. either way, I'm not there. that's the point.)
4. make-up.
5. a hair-do without a clip in it.
6. time to make all of above a reality.

Instead, I'm going to continue taking care of and home schooling my five children and buying them bananas and apples, yogurt and tomatoes. All things that apparently the government thinks are OK to feed your children because they "fit the program." Whew! At least I qualify for a government program on my shopping list.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

*hugs* Homeschooling is more than a full time job in and of itself. Add to that childrearing, meal making, housecleaning, gardening, serving in the church, etc. and it's amazing that we can drag ourselves out of bed in the morning.

LMuse said...

I love it! ANnie, I am sure you looked gorgeous. You always do. FOr sure. You amaze me all the time. Yesterday I didn't even get to wash my face--no really. I did brush my teeth. But we did read the Book of Mormon and feel the Spirit before bed.